We began trialling Seesaw through the April 2020 and after a 60 day trial decided that it appeared to the most accessible platform for our students to engage with learning from home. From September, teachers used Seesaw by:
- Creating learning activities that could be sent out at specific times
- Provide immediate feedback as students submit their responses/ drafts
- Supporting instruction of learning activities with audio/ video recordings
- Teachers sent out announcements to their class which has been particularly helpful when communicating Zoom meetings.
Use on any device
We use Zoom as our main software for video communication between teachers and pupils when remote remote learning.
We also use Zoom for:
- Staff would host class morning and afternoon sessions with a focus on Wellbeing checkins using the Zones of Regulation
- Virtual meetings
- Staff training sessions
- Key Stage Assemblies
- Whole School events such as: Christmas Carols Singalong, Hazel Oak’s Got Talent, World Book Day
- Virtual coffee mornings with parents and carers
We moved to a digital method of school wide communication in early 2020 by using SchoolPing.
SchoolPing has been pivotal:
- Sharing information
- Obtaining permissions
- Gaining information from parent/ carers
- Sending out newsletters
We use Tapestry Online in the Early Years as an online learning journal.
SurveyMonkey has been a helpful tool to simply display survey questions for students. In the most recent lockdown, we have been able to gain weekly feedback from students to gauge how they went accessing their online learning, how difficult or engaging they believed their Seesaw activities were etc.